Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/includes/forum-init_sdk.php on line 2

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 407

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 470

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 1450

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 2058
What are your thoughts on....

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fedora.Pirate
Group Icon
King of the playground!

post Mar 21 2009, 12:31 PM Post #1
Okay, I'm really trying to get a gauge on the outside opinion here; if I say "Rovers" what's the first thing tat jumps into your mind?

See Rovers is actually a section of scouts (which I'll ask about soon) and yeah; I've been a scout since I was 6 and always known about it, but I'd really like to know what those who are 'normal' (or at least not me) know about rovers, and well scouting in general. I'm really interested to know what those from the outside know about scouts and particuarly the older scouting groups. What do you know/believe/feel; please tell me in as much detail as you can 'cause I'd really like to understand this as I have no idea.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post Mar 21 2009, 12:31 PM

lozinabox
Group Icon
resident nerd

post Mar 21 2009, 11:27 PM Post #2
I can't really comment as I am a Rover but my thoughts behind why Fedora.Pirate asked the question is because Scouts Victorian Branch is currently conducting a review on the whole section (and possibly National Branch as well) to see how the section can be improved or made more relevant to today's youth, thus making his mind swim with a whole lot of thoughts. So really, any thoughts, comments, whatever, regardless of what it is, to do with Rovering or Scouting would be greatly appreciated by him wink.gif.
+Quote Post
CH!MP
Group Icon
incredibad

post Mar 22 2009, 02:48 AM Post #3
Rovers = Blackburn Rovers = soccer team.

But in terms of scouts, i only know about the US boyscouts and how shitty they are- no gays/ atheists allowed but publicly funded lol. gg. But i'm sure Australian scouts is different.
The uniforms are enough to put me off. Do you guys do knot-tying and camping n shiznit? Honestly doesn't sound that relevant to me, but i guess it's about "character building" and teamwork etc. and if you're into that kinda stuff i guess it's fun. dunno.
+Quote Post
Sam
Group Icon
Meep Meep

post Mar 22 2009, 10:40 PM Post #4
The uniform puts me off as well. I don't really understand it but I guess it's just aiming for social skills/outdoors?
+Quote Post
Simonsmp
Bitter Butterfly

post Apr 1 2009, 11:30 AM Post #5
I quit scouts just before rovers, rofl. I just remember the rovers in my scout group being dicks and i didn't want to be one of them. And I don't remember tham having as much fun. Or maybe more, but I gave up anyway, so cannot shed any inside light on the topic sad.gif Only outside light. Like the moon.
+Quote Post
Fridgemagnet
Group Icon
Keeper of the Orange Marmelade

post Apr 5 2009, 10:57 AM Post #6
As a scout (rover), I find this kinda funny, given that we hardly ever need to wear the uniform. It's basically only for public events and more "official" business.
+Quote Post
roboito
Group Icon
Do love me like you hold me? Because you hold me like you love m

post Apr 10 2009, 07:17 AM Post #7
Scouts...it's just scary...

To me it seems like a huge pimping service for kids...they all go on these hikes and camps and then get it on...its...kinda creepy...

Also something about learning about togetherness and rope tying...just seems...ehhh very twilight zone...very come hither and enjoy the kool-aid...

I once thought i'd join scouts...so i went along to a meeting of them...let me tell you, I was out of there faster than you can venture, scout or rove...

+Quote Post
kimbanator
Group Icon
feel the wrath of the kimbanator

post May 23 2009, 06:37 AM Post #8
When someone says Rovers I think of ALPHA THETA!!! my own crew biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
kiki
Group Icon
angry. want eggs.

post May 25 2009, 03:30 PM Post #9
Rovers - cars...
Scouts - homophobic and lame.

Don't mean to be rude, that's all I think of. I've never thought highly of scouts or girl guides or anything like that... I just don't understand what function they serve. Join a football team, book club or something... I don't see the value of scouting.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Feb 2018 - 08:34 AM