Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/includes/forum-init_sdk.php on line 2

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 407

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 470

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 1450

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 2058
I am so sick of crappy finales!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
evil
Group Icon
Activate, don't immitate

post May 18 2009, 03:15 PM Post #1
We've known _____ could die all season. How is the finale any different, Grey's Anatomy?

They finally get the break they've been dying for and wanting for 5 years; spontaneously handed to them within 10 minutes? Suck it, Prison Break.

Nothing even advanced the plot! Come on, 30 Rock! That's a deal breaker.

Um, Fringe... We've known that for at least 7 episodes now. So what?

I haven't even been bothered to watch you yet, Smallville. There's no point even trying!

Woop dee dooo, The Office... Why do writers still think that babies, weddings and ooey gooey love stuff are satisfying cliffhangers!? (Okay, fine, it was a little cute...)

Oh no! More complications facing the characters of Heroes! There's only one problem... you've been such an illogical mess that I just don't care about your characters anymore.

Here's hoping Desperate Housewives will make up for this mess! (That's not too much to ask, right? tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post May 18 2009, 03:15 PM

insanekilla
Drama Queen

post May 19 2009, 01:04 AM Post #2
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

1) The Prison Break finale was less about them getting their freedom, but more about the poignant demise of Michael. He sacrificed his final, dying years for all of them. Symbolism: Freedom comes at a cost. I thought it was a beautiful, heart-rending finish to an awesome series.

2) 30 Rock is not a fricking plot show. Any storylined episodes like the Elisa (Salma Hayek) saga are PURELY for comedic purposes. 30 Rock is *mainly* a non-sequitur sitcom. And the finale was fucking hilarious. PURPOSE ACHIEVED. BRING ON NEXT SEASON.

Cannot comment on the others.

But in conclusion, STFU.

This post has been edited by insanekilla: May 19 2009, 01:08 AM
+Quote Post
evil
Group Icon
Activate, don't immitate

post May 19 2009, 04:42 AM Post #3
The Prison Break finale was less about them getting their freedom, but more about the poignant demise of Michael.

Then as a finale to a series where the characters have been fighting, killing, dying and risking everything in the name of this 'insignificant' freedom, it's not really the biggest payoff to the story of the show! The freedom came out of nowhere, in the 2nd last episode of the show, from an old character we thought was dead. That's just shitty. Obviously I want them to have their freedom, but I'd feel a lot better with the show if it was handled a bit differently to having some random ghost from the past go "ok bring me this thing and you're free, all done!"

And I agree that Michael's demise was poignant. Freedom does come at a cost, and Michael's done some pretty bad things in his past which shouldn't go unanswered. I'm fine with him dying as the price for their freedom etc etc, but I'm not fine for him dying for the sake of it. My gripes with the ending is that his death came out of freaking nowhere! The minute he's free, he has to die? One scene he's okay, the next he's a tombstone. Logical! I just feel a bit cheated in terms of understanding what killed him. That's not closure. And you know what, I'm betting they did that on purpose to make people buy their Direct To DVD prequel movie which apparently explains the years after their freedom. It's the finale! Give me my proper closure, damn it!

Okay, 30 Rock was hilarious. You got me there. tongue.gif Part of me was so disappointed by the other above finales that I was hoping Tina Fey and all her brilliance would give me a worthy cliffhanger. I'm just used to season finales giving people a tease for what's to come, to make them tune in next season... and the 30 Rock finale just died on a song (alright, it was a lolworthy song). I know the show doesn't rely heavily on story arcs etc, but they introduced a plot twist a little while ago (Jack's Dad/kidney) and didn't update the situation by the finale's end at all...

I'm halfway through Housewives! tongue.gif Everything okay so far... but let's wait til that twist rears its potentially ugly/yummy head. happy.gif
+Quote Post
insanekilla
Drama Queen

post May 19 2009, 01:03 PM Post #4
QUOTE (evil @ May 19 2009, 04:42 AM) *
Then as a finale to a series where the characters have been fighting, killing, dying and risking everything in the name of this 'insignificant' freedom, it's not really the biggest payoff to the story of the show! The freedom came out of nowhere, in the 2nd last episode of the show, from an old character we thought was dead. That's just shitty. Obviously I want them to have their freedom, but I'd feel a lot better with the show if it was handled a bit differently to having some random ghost from the past go "ok bring me this thing and you're free, all done!"

And I agree that Michael's demise was poignant. Freedom does come at a cost, and Michael's done some pretty bad things in his past which shouldn't go unanswered. I'm fine with him dying as the price for their freedom etc etc, but I'm not fine for him dying for the sake of it. My gripes with the ending is that his death came out of freaking nowhere! The minute he's free, he has to die? One scene he's okay, the next he's a tombstone. Logical! I just feel a bit cheated in terms of understanding what killed him. That's not closure. And you know what, I'm betting they did that on purpose to make people buy their Direct To DVD prequel movie which apparently explains the years after their freedom. It's the finale! Give me my proper closure, damn it!

Okay, 30 Rock was hilarious. You got me there. tongue.gif Part of me was so disappointed by the other above finales that I was hoping Tina Fey and all her brilliance would give me a worthy cliffhanger. I'm just used to season finales giving people a tease for what's to come, to make them tune in next season... and the 30 Rock finale just died on a song (alright, it was a lolworthy song). I know the show doesn't rely heavily on story arcs etc, but they introduced a plot twist a little while ago (Jack's Dad/kidney) and didn't update the situation by the finale's end at all...

I'm halfway through Housewives! tongue.gif Everything okay so far... but let's wait til that twist rears its potentially ugly/yummy head. happy.gif

Re-watch the beach scene with Sarah and Michael. His tumour comes back and kills him.

And Scylla is what they'd been fighting and dying for. All they'd been working towards was getting Scylla into the appropriate hands who KNEW what to do with it. Kellerman was those hands. Yes, the fact that his timing was ridiculously opportune is a bit of a question mark, but it is what season 4 had been building towards. I saw that coming. Not Kellerman himself, but a 3rd party who would take scylla and do the right thing with it.
+Quote Post
Sam
Group Icon
Meep Meep

post May 19 2009, 04:00 PM Post #5
Don't READ
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS
GREY SPOLIER ALERTS

Seriously was crap. As for george? I seriously doubt he will be in the next season. He won't have a pretty face anymore so how would it work? Unless Mc Steamy is their to do the job in a day?
Argh it was just so CRAP

Season Finale of Gossip Girl sucked (YES I KNOW, I KNOW It's my guilty pleasure don't judge me)

This post has been edited by Sam: May 20 2009, 03:48 AM
+Quote Post
insanekilla
Drama Queen

post May 20 2009, 04:27 PM Post #6
Okay 24 finale was shit.

Jack should have died and they should have put the series to rest. STUPID, STUPID, FUCKING STUPID. ARGH, IT WAS THE PERFECT FUCKING TIME TO END THE SERIES. WHY PROLONG IT NEEDLESSLY?!?!?!
+Quote Post
kimbanator
Group Icon
feel the wrath of the kimbanator

post May 23 2009, 06:21 AM Post #7
I hate those shows that have two part finales that dissapoint.

Maybe its a good thing I cannot think of any of them off the top of my head
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Feb 2018 - 08:35 AM