Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/includes/forum-init_sdk.php on line 2

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 407

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 470

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 1450

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 2058
Girraffe for President!?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Topic Description: When Veganism or Vegetarianism goes too far
kimbanator
Group Icon
feel the wrath of the kimbanator

post May 23 2009, 07:19 AM Post #1
I go to a uni that is filled with people who are Vegetarian or Vegan and believe animals have the same equal rights as humans.

I have nothing against Vegans or Vegetarians or Pescatarians or whatever kind of "I am not eating meat because it is cruel to animals" you are,I just think lately I have heard comments that have gone too far.

There is a vegan guy in one of my classes that thinks that animals are intelligent and are capable of making their own decisions. So animals should choose what they want to do. But many animals eat other animals..But apparantly "We as humans are concious enough to know better and to understand that eating animals is wrong. We all need to make the concious desicion to not each animals". But apparantly animals cannot because they aren't smart enough.... But remember children it is worse to eat animals than practise cannibalism! (wtf?)

Cattle apparantly roam around the streets of India. A Vegetarian in the class pointed out that cows would probably live a happier life fenced in a green grass paddock rather than roam freely around streets, giving birth everywhere and eating garbage. She seemed content that it was better for the cattle. And I think that sounds like a rational answer. But the vegan guy was horrified. He couldn't understand the potential threat of running into a cow in the bush. Cattle are territorial and go crazy when you get to close to them with calves. He thinks they are cute and gentle.

What a load of bull.... When cattle are fenced in a paddock apparantly they are crying to be set free. They are prisoners who have done nothing wrong. They are slaves to our own selfish desires.

How do all those farmers with animals sleep at night? generally very well

A second vegetarian who is also in the same class skipped the last class of the semester for the year because she wasnt feeling well. The concensus from the class was that the bird flying around one of the buildings at uni had broke its neck and died. I know this is sad, but that is no reason to skip a class!!!

I cannot not say all this without mentioning "seakittens" as being PETA's alternative word for fish. I don't think people are going to stop eating fish/seakittens because of a name change.

Sorry If I offended anyone, but I am sick of hearing about animal rights from activists that haven't thought about all the options and all sides to each agrumnent regarding the status of animals in society.

And I am not becoming vegan or vegetarian, and I am feeling more pressure to do so. I am not giving up meat.

It would suprise me if PETA hadn't already tried to get animals into parliament.

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post May 23 2009, 07:19 AM

Fridgemagnet
Group Icon
Keeper of the Orange Marmelade

post May 23 2009, 01:36 PM Post #2
I'm alright with vegetarians, vegans, and any other word you can think of for non-meat-eaterians.
Until they try to take moral high ground on me, try to persuade me not to eat meat, or otherwise try to impose their beliefs on me. Or if they are idiots, but that's an entirely separate thing.
I'd rather kill and eat them than listen to their reasoning for why I should believe what they do, but that would be brutal and cruel, so instead I argue with them until they go away. That being said, most people I've met who are non-meat-eaters don't try to persuade me to go vegetarian. This is good.
+Quote Post
raptofezn
Dud

post May 24 2009, 08:24 PM Post #3
mmmm protein.
+Quote Post
Sam
Group Icon
Meep Meep

post May 26 2009, 03:23 AM Post #4
This post is really good! Just in general for some reason this made me think that it's very similir to extremly relegious people that are so close minded.

I really hate when people believe in something SO strongly but haven't even bothered to look up the pro's and con's. You really need a strong arguement to believe in somehting that much.

Oh and vegans shit me. To me their is no reason to be a vegan. I'm not vedgetarian because of health issues (and I can't give up chicken!) but that doesn't mean I don't give a shit about animals. I believe EVERYONE should eat free range eggs. Not barn laid or cage eggs. It's so easy to do they are about a $1 more and right next to the cage ones!
+Quote Post
raptofezn
Dud

post May 26 2009, 07:08 AM Post #5
QUOTE (Sam @ May 26 2009, 01:23 PM) *
This pJust in general for some reason this made me think that it's very similir to extremly relegious people that are so close minded.

I really hate when people believe in something SO strongly but haven't even bothered to look up the pro's and con's.

To me their is no reason to be a vegan.

+Quote Post
CH!MP
Group Icon
incredibad

post May 26 2009, 09:55 AM Post #6
^^ lolz
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Feb 2018 - 08:36 AM