Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/includes/forum-init_sdk.php on line 2

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 407

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 470

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 1450

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com-code/sdk-1.7.2.1/ipbsdk/ipbsdk_class.inc.php on line 2058
Messy House

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sam
Group Icon
Meep Meep

post May 20 2009, 10:42 AM Post #1
I've been living alone for the last 4 months and a bit. I could have a room mate in my house but really it's just a tiny house with no privacy and when a room mate lives there that means there is no lounge room.

I will admit it i'm not a tidy, organised person at all. But I am a social person. I'm an only child that dies for attention so I naturally always want someone at my house. The dilemma is that people don't treat my house with any respect. They literally throw rubbish on the floor, spill drinks, leave cups, plates everywhere and expect me to clean it up.

My house is known to be the place to 'crash' at after a big night but when everyone leaves early in the morning i'm expected to drage mattresses, pick up blankets, pillows, wash sheets, doonas. And regurly I have people stay 1 or 2 nights a week who naturally eat my food and drink all my drinks.

I know it's my choice to have people over but I really wish people would appreciate the things I do for them. I can't charge them for board, food or drinks! No one ever has any money.

But it REALLY shits me when my regular friends and boyfriend come around and whinge about my house being messy when they are major contributors to it and I can't be stuffed cleaning it anymore!

It's easy to tell people not to come over but the fact is that i'm damn lonely without anyone around!

Advice?

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post May 20 2009, 10:42 AM

chicken wing
Group Icon
The Predatory Wasps of the Palasaides are out to get us!!

post May 22 2009, 02:49 AM Post #2
ask people to help clean up after themselves/ around the house. and when people come over get them to bring their own drinks/ snacks.
+Quote Post
Sam
Group Icon
Meep Meep

post May 22 2009, 03:04 AM Post #3
I've tried that one!

I'll admit this is a lame post but there isn't a whole lot of isfat action going on right now! Everyone is prepping for exams!
+Quote Post
Fridgemagnet
Group Icon
Keeper of the Orange Marmelade

post May 22 2009, 04:38 AM Post #4
if you can find a way to keep them out of your fridge, that'd be a good start. When friends come round to our family's home, there's usually at least a couple of people who help clean up after the mess that everyone leaves, so I don't have too much experience dealing with that problem. Although, it only takes a couple of people and cleaning up becomes a whole lot easier, so even if you can encourage just one or two friends to help that might work.
+Quote Post
chicken wing
Group Icon
The Predatory Wasps of the Palasaides are out to get us!!

post May 23 2009, 12:48 AM Post #5
ahh well sam what you could do is the next time you tell them you are going to their place. and them leave their own diggs in a mess-give them a taste of their own medicine.

or you should just start refusing to feed them, and to refuse to give them drinks other than water.
+Quote Post
roboito
Group Icon
Do love me like you hold me? Because you hold me like you love m

post May 25 2009, 02:01 AM Post #6
I would say its time to bring it up with your friends...Its not like they are going to disappear as soon as you wont let them trash your house...Your thoughts are in order and its better to just bring it up and let them know how your feeling...They're your friends for a reason...they will understand that your house is not a trash bag..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Feb 2018 - 08:37 AM