Warning: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com/forum/init.php on line 270

Warning: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com/forum/init.php on line 270
Hooray for Melbourne and gay sex! - ISFAT
Hooray for Melbourne and gay sex!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
evil
Group Icon
Activate, don't immitate

post Feb 20 2007, 01:25 PM Post #1
Hooray for Melbourne and hooray for gay intercourse!

The City of Melbourne has reinforced its commitment to being an inclusive and engaging city with recent in-principle support to establish a Relationship Declaration Register.

The register would enable couples of both mixed-sex and same-sex to formally declare their relationship.

While the register won’t confer legal rights in the way traditional marriage does, it may be used to demonstrate the existence of a de facto relationship in relation to the Property Laws Act 1958, the Administration and Probate Act 1958 and other legislation involving domestic partnerships.

Countries that have adopted, or are working towards, recognising a range of relationships (other than by marriage) include France, Germany, Spain, South Africa, Mexico, Canada and Britain.

Parts of the United States have also introduced broader recognition of relationships. In Australia, Tasmania has adopted legislation recognising a variety of relationships and the City of Sydney has established a relationship declaration register, similar to the one proposed by the City of Melbourne.

- Taken from the Relationship Declaration Register announcement

Small step? Of courze! But still, I think it's one in the right direction, and if anyone's interested, they're seeking feedback regarding the proposal until the 28th of February! smile.gif

Now, I don't know whether this proposition really helps or not, I'm far from political, but what do you say we give them a break from the nonstop cries of the church elders and fearful haters?

I'm sure it would make the nice people's day.

Follow the link above to give your feedback, and always remember to think for yourself. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post Feb 20 2007, 01:25 PM

Kelevra
Group Icon
Bad dog

post Feb 21 2007, 04:52 AM Post #2
dont you have to be together for 10 years to get de facto relationship status?

as you said, its a small step in the right direction, booya!
+Quote Post
kiki
Group Icon
angry. want eggs.

post Feb 21 2007, 05:15 PM Post #3
10 years? ... no... victorian law was originally 2 years, and it was changed something like 2 or 3 years ago to 6 months.
this step is not in the right direction, its a damn insult. i am offended by the move, its a mere political stunt to get the gay vote. the relationship while legally "declared" holds no weight, it jsut eases the back log of the court system. if it was a step in the right direction, we'd be hearing a lot more of it.
+Quote Post
ledemente
Kosmonaut

post Jun 10 2007, 03:28 PM Post #4
I can hear the Scissor Sisters playing in my head,

Gaysecksizkewl
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th Jul 2014 - 02:47 PM