Warning: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com/forum/init.php on line 270

Warning: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/slosp/other_publics/isfat.com/forum/init.php on line 270
Yr 12 formal! - ISFAT
Yr 12 formal!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Topic Description: So, was it good, or not?
Fridgemagnet
Group Icon
Keeper of the Orange Marmelade

post May 23 2008, 04:12 AM Post #1
Well, last night my school (Melbourne High) had their formal. On the whole it was very well done, the food was good, the venue was awesome. Unfortunately, the music only catered to one group of people, and myself, I would have liked to see everyone having fun. It's less of a problem for me, I can enjoy many genres of music, but many of my friends just didn't want to be on the dance floor. I just hate when there's something like that wrong with what would normally be a great night.

Anyone else have input? A horror story of your own? Post ye, or forever hold your peace!

+Quote Post
Advertisements

post May 23 2008, 04:12 AM

kiki
Group Icon
angry. want eggs.

post May 25 2008, 12:50 AM Post #2
our formals were always good. they never really catered to anyones taste, so we were all comfortable getting on the dancefloor making tools of ourselves to music we don't really like... actually...having bad music made it good tongue.gif
+Quote Post
kimbanator
Group Icon
feel the wrath of the kimbanator

post May 25 2008, 01:32 AM Post #3
When there are students on the committee, they are usually ones that deem themselves popular. They always try to make it their dream night, and it becomes a disaster for eveyone else. I know that the world is not always fare, but sometimes a variety would be nice. At one of mine all they played was club music then put in a few traditional favs. But not everyone likes dancing, or likes that music.

I was on a commitee organising a dance thing for year 9 when I was in year 9. Some of the girls ('popular' ones)wanted everything to be baby blue and baby pink.... you would never get guys to that. Like a few of us knew what was going to happen, it got cancelled. why?? it was obvious. Only about 30 in 330 people would have enjoyed it

I recon a pinyata would have been nice. ^^

At my year 12 one. I had fun sucking some helium balloons with my friends.hehehe The food wasn't too bad. I was sick of being surrounded by people sucking faces though

This post has been edited by kimbanator: May 25 2008, 01:36 AM
+Quote Post
Fridgemagnet
Group Icon
Keeper of the Orange Marmelade

post May 25 2008, 01:49 AM Post #4
On the whole it was a decent night, it's just that the DJ they hired only played one genre of music. Also, I just have to post this video, with one of the awesome performances:

Or if that's not working; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMw9jqwItng

This post has been edited by evil: May 25 2008, 02:12 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jul 2014 - 09:14 PM